By completing this course you will learn how to provide information, tools and techniques to promote a person’s mental and emotional wellbeing. You will also learn how to support a person who might be experiencing mental and emotional distress.
Mental Health First Aid won’t teach you how to be a therapist, but you will be able to say you are a Mental Health First Aider.
This course is run over two intensive full days from 09:00 - 17:00.
For more details, please see the Mental Health First Aid England website.
Our Youth Mental Health First Aid course is split into four sessions:
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
The course will also teach the importance of promoting wellbeing and protective factors.
Due to some of the sensitive subjects of our courses, we limit numbers to 16 people. We want everyone to feel safe and our instructors can help if people find some parts particularly difficult.
Positive Steps Building
80 Union Street
Oldham, OL1 1DJ
|Cost per person||£ 250.00|