Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Tameside, Oldham and Glossop Mind. All of our volunteers follow the same process to become a volunteer to ensure that everyone experiences the same treatment and support. This involves:
- Filling in this application form
- Attending a group interview
- Attending our 3 day core training sessions
- Induction into the organisation
- Specific area or on the job training
Please note the following before proceeding:
- A 12-month cooling off period applies to clients wishing to volunteer with TOG Mind. If you have any questions in regard to this please contact our office on 0161 330 9223.
- As our work involves working with vulnerable adults and children we are exempt from section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. If the role you are considering requires regular contact with vulnerable adults or children you will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check which will be carried out following successful completion of our Core Training programme.