Apprenticeships with Tameside, Oldham and Glossop Mind can offer a wide variety of things, and there are loads of things to learn from working with us. See if anything we have interests you!
Topaz Café is an award-winning vegetarian café in Ashton-under-Lyne. The café is a community wellbeing hub and access point for Tameside, Oldham and Glossop Mind.
We have an interesting and ever-changing menu of healthy and nutritious meals served in contemporary surroundings with a welcoming and a relaxed atmosphere. We are a Fairtrade, ethical, and not-for-profit café with an overall 5-star rating on TripAdvisor.
|Job Title:||Apprentice Chef|
|Hours:||30 hours per week|
|Contract:||1 year fixed term|
|Responsible to:||Café Manager|
|Based in:||Tameside & Oldham|
|Salary:||£3.70 an hour|
Topaz Café is seeking to recruit and train a Level 2 Apprentice in Professional Cookery. The position would suit a person with some experience of working in a café environment, or someone with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn all aspects of food preparation and service.
You will gain experience in all aspects of café work including food and drink preparation, excellent customer service, serving food to customers, money handling and till operation, café cleaning, food purchasing, and waste disposal. In addition to this you will complete a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery at Tameside College.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your passion for food within a respected charity that is at the forefront of supporting the local community.
- Proactive – ensuring we provide the right service at the right time in the right place
- Empowering – Supporting people to live their best and achieve their real potential
- Responsible – Ensuring services are safe, effective and efficient
- Best together – working in partnership, avoiding duplication and ensuring services and better joined up together
- Continuously Developing - actively learning to continually improve
Sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
2. Download and complete an application form, explaining how you meet the criteria in the person specification.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 31st August; however we may close the vacancy sooner if a successful candidate is found.
Please note that we do not accept CVs. As we have limited staff resources we only provide candidates with feedback following interviews.