Are we Surviving or Thriving?
Mental Health Awareness Week falls on the 8th – 14th May 2017 and as part of this, Tameside, Oldham and Glossop Mind will be putting on a fantastic evening of expert talks, creative workshops, seminars and activities where you can explore new ideas around mental health. This event is perfect for those of us working with people as part of our job role, those of us who are part of a social group or those of us who are simply interested in leanring more about techniques which are proven to make you feel good that we hope you can teach to others.
Too many of us are ‘Surviving’ with poor mental wellbeing without really thinking about what we can do to acheive a ‘Thriving’ mental health. This evening explores how we can work together to promote just that, teaching we can work together to look after each other right here in Tameside, Oldham and Glossop.
There will be loads of short interactive taster workshops delivered by members of our team, and experts from other fantastic organisations including
- Community Resilience (working together to understand mental health and how to support each other) - Starting at 6:00pm, 6:35pm, 7:10pm and 7:40pm.
- Mental Health and Men – Starting at 7:10pm
- Sleep and Mental Health (Facilitated by Be Well Tameside) - Starting at 6:35pm and 7:40pm.
- Mindful meditation taster – WORKSHOP NOW FULL. You can still sign up and will be added to a waiting list.
- Lonliness prevention workshops facilitated by the Johnny Barlow Theatre Company (supported by Tameside Arts) – Create your own ‘Superhero’ – starting at 6pm, 6:35pm, 7:10pm and 7:40pm
- Stress Relief (Reflexology) – running throughout the evening
- Make your Mark Art – running throughout the evening
This event runs from 6pm-8:15pm with half hour workshops running throughout the evening so that you can pop into whatever interests you. The event is aimed primarily at adults but older children are welcome to attend. We will also be providing some light snacks created for you by our Topaz Cafe.
The evening is ticketed due to limited places on each workshop so register your free place early.
Let’s get TOG Talking.